Our Social Media team is looking for an enthusiastic, imaginative and reliable Social Media and Video Marketing Manager to join their ranks.
As our Social Media and Video Marketing Manager, you’ll be not only the day-to-day manager of our titles’ social media accounts (primarily, but not limited to, the Old School RuneScape social media channels), but you’ll also be taking an active role in shaping our Video Marketing strategy – optimising high-quality video content for respective platforms, working with the wider Marketing team to build high-performing and exciting social and video campaigns, and ensuring that everything we produce as a team is in line with our company and departmental objectives.
Reporting into the Head of Social Media, and working closely with the Community Management team, as well as our Creative, Video and Live Streaming teams, you will play a key role in our growing Social Media team. Drafting editorial calendars, driving social campaigns, reporting on progress, and keeping an eye out for new tools and quirks of social platforms we can use to reach further and engage our community and the wider gaming community more than ever before.
You will be a proactive, organised and experienced marketer, with experience in the gaming sector, and first-rate knowledge of social media and video platforms, and creative in your approach to content production, problem-solving and use of internal and external tools. Old School Runescape knowledge is welcomed!
You will have a thirst for knowledge, be enthusiastic, and, most importantly love and take pride in what you do.
Please include within your application any personal social media channels you have (including any video or streaming accounts).
As part of your role, you will:
- Have day-to-day maintenance of Jagex-branded social media accounts, primarily (but not limited to) Old School RuneScape, ensuring consistent tone, brand fidelity and high-quality content to boost engagement, reach, and social footprint.
- Work with the wider Social Team to produce high-quality, optimised video and image assets to help support updates, campaigns and initiatives across Jagex titles.
- Produce regular, detailed and insightful reports on social performance, based on our departmental KPIs – including ROI, engagement and social ‘buzz’, using a range of social media monitoring and analytics tools.
- Optimise video and social content for maximum reach on respective platforms.
- Help develop strategic, integrated campaigns to engage key audiences, maximising the use of social channels globally.
- Work with the Head of Social Media to continually evolve social media strategy to align with broader integrated marketing campaigns and goals.
- Build campaigns and support in-game and real-life events, particularly around competitive gaming, RuneFest, and charity initiatives.
- Liaise with Player Support, Community Management, HR, Localisation, and development teams to share best practice for social.
- Keep your finger on the social pulse, taking advantage of new tools, technology and platform updates to ensure Jagex is at the forefront of social media marketing within the games industry.
- Work with the Video and Livestreaming Team to create a regular social streaming (Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Periscope) schedule and build into wider social strategy.
- Create a regular social streaming (Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Periscope) schedule and build into wider social strategy.
WHAT WE NEED
- Unrivaled knowledge of social media and video platforms, including (but not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitch, Tumblr, Flickr, Reddit.
- Basic knowledge of Old School RuneScape.
- Strategic thinker who is able to plan ahead to spot key opportunities for our respective titles.
- Strong organisational and campaign-planning skills, with a keen eye for detail and trends.
- Knowledge of social media analytics platforms, and producing reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good experience in the social media sector, managing branded accounts.
- A love of social media, constantly recognising and taking advantage of new opportunities in the sector.
- Ability to recognise the commercial benefits of social media, and the ability to measure it.
EVEN BETTER IF
- You have experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Google Analytics, and other social media management and monitoring tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Radarly, Brandwatch, Sprout Social, Iconosquare).
- Intimate knowledge of RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, as well as their respective communities.
- Video production and live streaming experience.
- Knowledge of the wider gaming sector.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.