Jagex Games Studio is seeking a talented experienced animator who is interested in making world class video games. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and deliver animations for an unannounced, new MMO.
We are looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running as a senior member of our animation team producing high quality game animation. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and make every effort to demonstrate initiative and actively contribute to ensure we produce the best possible game.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, options for a sponsored gym membership, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, free parking, fruit and hot drinks delivered to your team every day. Expect to be invited to team events once a quarter as well as company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
The successful applicants will be able to enjoy our newly refurbished office which includes contemporary break out areas, gaming zones, high tech meeting rooms, a huge Atrium with tiered seating and our very own private bar!
Main Duties & Responsibilites:
- Create high quality animated game content.
- Candidates must be able to hand-key animate natural and expressive human and animal motion to create realistic, fluid characters.
- Assist in the integration of animation with designers and programmers to create immersive experiences.
- Developing improvements to animation processes and pipeline.
- Participating in motion capture sessions, transferring mocap data to in-game characters, and refining character performance with hand keyed modifications.
- Minimum 5 year experience animating video games.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation.
- Exceptional skill in hand-key animating the human figure as well as other organic creature and animal forms.
• Advanced knowledge of animating in Maya.
- Outstanding demo reel.
•Strong understanding of animation techniques and systems.
•Experience of working with Unity.
- The ability to consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
•A strong interest in motion capture technology.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Experience with state machines and motion trees.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Experience with rigging and skinning 3d character models.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.) is a bonus.
- Experience creating in-game cutscenes.