Our teams are the architects of fantastic realms, the creators of quests, the writers of history, the makers of legends… At our studio headquarters in Cambridge, UK, we’re strengthening these teams that bring life to our existing living games and building out teams to create brand new titles, both within the RuneScape universe and beyond.
Now we’re looking for exceptional new talent to join us. If you have a thirst for innovation and ideas that set new standards in player engagement, then read on…
WHERE YOU COME IN
The newly created Brand & Product Marketing team are the owners of the global brand and marketing strategy for the Old School and Old School mobile game. Includes ownership of clear product positioning enthusing and exciting players about the franchises. Setting KPIs – revenue, players, retention, acquisition, market share, etc. – and achieving them.
As Senior Brand & Product Marketing Manager for Old School Runescape you will lead setting and implementing the strategy and vision for the OS RuneScape franchise, have full budget responsibility and shared ownership of the product P&L with the Product Manager and Producer of each game.
Located at the Jagex head office, working directly with development studio and game teams to achieve the acquisition and retention targets. You will manage a small product marketing team and be a senior member of the marketing group.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Your role covers the entire lifecycle of the game, from business case setting, insights and the global marketing strategy to developing, planning, communication and performance marketing for Old School Runescape across all platforms.
- Define the franchise vision, brand identity, product positioning and target players in collaboration with Product teams. This to include creation of a big-picture vision and drive that vision across multiple teams to make it a reality.
- Translate product strategy and commercial targets into stretching marketing plans with detailed requirements ensuring brand compliance and consistency.
- Drive product launches including working with wider marketing and communications teams, executives, and product management team members.
- Uncover and curate actionable player insights in collaboration with Research and Analytics teams.
- Create lifetime - quarterly, yearly and multi-year - Brand & Product Marketing Plans.
- Working alongside Performance Marketing, Social, Community, CRM, PR and Research to define – and achieve - annual acquisition and requisition targets and budgets required to hit business goals and objectives.
- Grow, manage and mentor your Brand & Product Marketing team.
- Develop long term marketing strategies focused on acquisition, engagement and monetization including the development of product positioning documents and strategies, working closely with all stakeholders including senior management and executives to ensure consistency and buy-in.
- Stakeholder management, able to work with development teams to define product release requirements.
- Serve as the evangelist for your products, ensuring that the vision and strategy is translated across all communications, materials and promotions.
- Identify opportunities for research and analysis.
- Analyse and track performance of Marketing campaigns with clear KPI’s and regularly report back to the business.
- Support the Exec team with board presentations, QSR, ABR’s and ad hoc requests as required by the business.
YOU'LL NEED THESE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant Brand & Product Marketing experience working on Mobile, PC or Console including Free To Play games
Mobile gaming experience a definite plus.
Previous experience of managing and developing a team both against direct and indirect reports
International marketing experience
Significant brand experience including the development of brand strategies, ability to define the ‘X’ of a brand relative to potential players, competitors, etc. and in a way that resonates with a development team
Experience developing complex multi-channel global product marketing plans and expected outcomes/KPI’s including ownership of those principal KPIs
Budget management in the tens of millions of dollars
Excellent project management and communication skills, ability to work across multiple business units and stakeholders
Passion for videogames preferably in MMO or RPG genre
SOME OF WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Very competitive salary with performance based annual and flash bonuses
- Flexible working hours and location
- Company subsidised private pension
- Relocation assistance
- Free or subsidised gym membership
- Free private healthcare and life insurance
- Free bicycle repairs and enrolment into the cycle to work scheme.
- Team fun fund plus free fruit and drinks… and a pub