Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for a talented and driven QA Analyst to join the tribe to work on an unannounced new MMO.
The successful candidate will be part of the core team that’s developing an innovative new MMO and be responsible for testing the game’s various systems and features to a high standard.
We are looking for interesting and creative people who revel in solving unique and interesting problems daily to join us, with successful candidates being able to sniff out game breaking bugs, exploits and gameplay flaws before they reach our players.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company based in Cambridge, and help us achieve our ambitious goals for the year and beyond.
As a QA Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring that game systems and content are tested ensuring it is free of bugs and stable before deadlines. In pursuit of this, you will be able to:
• Analyse projects to make effective test plans and execute them
• Identify defects and report them to an exceptional standard using JIRA or similar bug tracking system
• Conduct various QA Services (Functionality QA, Development QA, Design Testing) to a high standard
• Perform regular Build Validations to identify issues in build stability
• Highlight Risks and provide mitigation solutions
WHAT WE NEED
• Experience in testing MMORPGs and an active interest in playing them
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• At least 1 year previous QA experience in Development QA
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Experience using Unity 3D
• Experience of working within a Scrum framework
EVEN BETTER IF
• Experienced or worked on any projects using Unity 3D
• Experience in C#
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.