Jagex Games Studio, a World leading gaming company and creators of the iconic, record breaking MMO RuneScape, is looking for a HR Director to join us at this exciting time in our history.
Reporting to the VP of HR & Operations, we are looking for a strategic business partner, influencer, mentor and guide; who will be responsible for building infrastructure, strategies and plans that enable our people to be at their best.
With a mandate to evaluate, recommend and fully implement a new people strategy for the current business and future growth strategy, the HR Director will lead a team of People Ops Professionals in spearheading the evolution of the business as we move onto the main stage of Global players in the interactive entertainment space. This will be achieved through a relentless focus on our people, operational excellence and a renewed commercial approach, with an understanding and awareness of industry specific business and personnel challenges.
This role presents an amazing opportunity for a people passionate HR executive to join a growing, fast-paced company at a truly transformative stage in its lifecyle and build the people-ops frameworks and culture deserving of our ambitions to take us forward on our exciting journey.
Strategy & Partnership
- Design and develop overall HR strategy in partnership with the VP of HR & Operations, whilst drawing on the wider HR teams expertise
- Engage with and develop HR practices to support the Jagex vision, mission and values and roll these out across the business
- Consult with all levels in the organisation to proactively evolve and adapt HR policies and practices to successfully compete within a dynamic industry, ensuring Jagex is a great place to work
- Oversee a business partnering model throughout the company and personally partner with the VP of HR & Operations and the CEO to support business growth and enable people to be at their best
- Support the HR Business Partners, providing guidance and support to ensure they impact their business units at a strategic level
- Act as a coach, mentor and role model to other senior managers and direct reports, providing a supportive and positive environment
- Be a cultural custodian for the business and challenge behaviours outside of this
- Offer expertise, advice and guidance to the business on people challenges in a pragmatic and commercially minded fashion
Operations & Implementation
- Lead and develop a high caliber HR team which not only partners with the business at a strategic level, but also provides the business with a full in house support service including; HR Operations, People Development, Payroll & Benefits management
- Work closely with the Director of Talent Acquisition to ensure best in class candidate experience, onboarding and wider talent management
- Deliver HR projects through the team on time and to budget
- Manage the Reward and Benefits strategy including Performance based Bonuses and Pay Review
- Design and rollout a robust employee engagement program across the business to increase engagement and minimise attrition
- Develop best in practice learning and development within the Jagex team and establish clear ROI measures
- Lead and implement robust leadership development, inputting into talent mapping and succession planning within the business.
- Develop HR policies and practices which embrace and encourage flexibility and diversity within the wider Jagex team
- Develop a best practice wellbeing and mental health strategy and support and mentor staff within the Jagex team
- Provide management information, analysis and recommendations on key people metrics to the business
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined HR team, specifically within an HRBP model, with coaching and mentoring skills and experience
- Operating in a senior management capacity, showing integrity, resilience and the ability to work independently
- Can quickly establish credibility, respect and build strong working relationships with senior managers through collaboration and consultation
- Experience of transforming a business and defining its culture and behaviours
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to challenge thinking
- Demonstrates a excellent knowledge of UK employment law and is able to apply this in a commercially focused and pragmatic fashion
- Has strong change management and organisation development skills and experience
- Is able to understand business priorities and adapt HR plans quickly presenting pragmatic solutions to new situations as they arise
- Commercially aware and able to apply understanding of company finances to push back and support managers to resource, develop and manage their teams
- Is able to remain calm, focused and make sensible decisions in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work at both a strategic and operational level without ego
- CIPD qualified