Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do. We’ve welcomed over 260 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere. We continue to recruit massively into RuneScape and RuneScape Old School as they have more platforms and expansions to conquer, we’re now also undertaking the exciting challenge of building up our company with Unreal Engine 4 experience.
Apply your passion for creating amazing online games and drive the development of technology based on Unreal that will enable an all-star team to help create a deep connected experience. Collaborate with peer discipline leaders and the production team to innovate and focus the development of an exciting new gaming experience.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work with the Executive Producer to ensure the technology group is focusing on the right areas
- Build, lead, mentor and manage a team of talented engineers
- Collaborate with design, product, analytics, user experience, live operations, central and leadership teams to specify features and development tools
- Be an expert recruiter of top engineering talent
- Build and execute a transparent roadmap, create and deploy best-in-class process, proactively identify and resolve issues, and innovate in software development
- Be able to work with engineers in any domain, even if not an expert, and provide useful guidance and feedback
- Grow and mentor your team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers
- Advocates for the technology department in meetings and planning sessions
- Manage the development of the technology team’s abilities and capacity
WHAT WE NEED
- Successfully delivered a client/server based game in Unreal Engine 4.
- An expert knowledge of C#/C++ is a must, and the ideal candidate will also be comfortable with a range of coding and scripting languages.
- Hands-on experience driving the technical architecture of a heavily server-based game, ideally with AWS or other similar cloud service provider
- Be a proven expert in one or more engineering domains such as rendering, networking, mathematics, security, AI, native app development, build systems, solution architecture, database performance, application server design, deployment, system administration. Having contributed to Unreal Engine 4 in any of these areas is a plus!
- Bring a deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization
- Hands-on experience driving the technical architecture of a live-game, supporting low-overhead feature and content updates on a regular basis.
- Experience creating and managing source control and continuous integration systems for runtime and backend deployments.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes. Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.