Jagex Games Studio is looking for a Build Engineer to join the tribe. Your primary duties will be to support, maintain and advance the Jagex build and release infrastructure.
You will have full ownership of the Jagex build and release systems. You will work with development teams to implement new build pipelines, and support existing pipelines.
You will advise development teams on best build and release practices.
You will work closely with the IT Ops team in support of the wider Jagex Development Infrastructure (code/asset repositories, development environments, etc.)
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, options for a sponsored gym membership, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, free parking and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day.
We also have full bean style coffee machines that provide hot drinks available throughout the day.
Expect to be invited to team events once a quarter as well as company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
The successful applicant will be able to enjoy our newly refurbished office which includes contemporary break out areas, gaming zones, high tech meeting rooms, a huge Atrium with tiered seating and our very own private bar!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To maintain a concise log of all work done, and to aspire to own each piece of work through to completion.
• To only undertake to do work that is within your professional competence.
• To document, formalise and automate work processes, particularly where those processes differ from standard industry practice.
• To aspire at all times to industry best practice, except where deviation is absolutely necessary.
• To version control configuration changes (where possible), configure appropriate backup schedules for business data assets, and automate monitoring routines so that system failures are immediately and clearly visible
• To take responsibility for assigned technical projects – develop appropriate process, and ensure successful delivery
• To keep up to date with industry best practice, and to help steer the Jagex development teams towards best practices
• Experience with Bamboo, TeamCity or similar build systems – at some scale
• Experience with Sonar, FXCop, or similar code coverage tools
• Experience with Sonatype Nexus, or a similar artifact storage system
• Experience with Maven, Gradle, or similar build management tools
• Solid understanding of Linux, OSX and Windows Operating Systems
• Strong understanding of git, and Perforce Helix
• Experience in a range of programming languages (Java, C#, C++)
• Experience in a minimum of one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl or Ruby)
• Excellent Communication and Team-working Skills
• Organised, ability to perform under pressure
• Game industry experience
Salary: Highly Competitive – depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.