Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do. We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest. Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
We are building towards a highly collaborative DevOps team, using Agile to deliver new product features, and to refine and maintain our key systems. Our platform is based on a microservice architecture with the vision of migrating legacy systems to a more modern, highly-available software stack. We work with an extensive range of technologies and are actively encouraged to interact with all parts of the business to drive both innovation and to improve the customer experience.
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Java / Spring Boot - microservices
- Kafka / ActiveMQ - messaging
- ELK / Grafana / Flume – monitoring / dashboards / logging
- PostgreSQL / CouchBase / Redis – persistence
- Bamboo / Ansible / Terraform / Kubernetes – CI / CD / IaC
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Team / Leadership
- Hire, maintain and continually developing a team of engineers and leaders
- The ability to work optimally in cross functional teams (Production, Engineering, QA, Data Analysts, UX and coach your teams to that model
- Contributes to the career development of others providing frequent feedback, setting goals and works with other Leads, Managers and VP’s to ensure employee growth and development.
- Define technical principles and mentor the team on how to continually increase that bar so the teams are constantly mentoring each other.
- Mentor technical discussions and system design. (scale, security, experience, availability)
- Partner effectively with Product Owners and Delivery Managers to manage scope and deliverables for the product roadmap
- Accountable for the one-year tech strategy and how to continue improve that plan as it relates to the three-year strategy with the VP of Tech
- Analysis and execution of new and emerging technology and process
- Utilize your existing experience of continuous integration and deployment to allow for the creation of ephemeral environments and automated testing
- Gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused
- Expert in developing engineers
- Expert developer with some experience in Java
- Intermediate experience working in Agile and Lean Frameworks
- Experience making tech principles and how-to best mentor teams to those
- The ability to say “No” to requests while providing metrics and transparency allow the science of those decisions to be understood
- Expert in servant leadership and developing engineering leaders
- Experience implementing a DevOps culture
- Experience creating CI / CD pipelines
- Experience in automated testing – functionality, security, chaos, load testing etc.
- Public and private cloud experience a plus
- Ability to present to stakeholders on your technical strategy on how to best enable the long-term needs of the business
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!