Jagex Games Studio is looking for a Junior Ops Engineer to join the tribe. Your primary duties will be to support, maintain and advance the Jagex worldwide operational infrastructure, as well as the Jagex in-house development infrastructure, under the direction of the Lead Operations Engineer.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, options for a sponsored gym membership, dental plan, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, free parking and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day.
We also have full-bean style coffee machines that provide hot drinks throughout the day for free. Expect to be invited to team events once a quarter as well as company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
The successful applicants will be able to enjoy our newly refurbished office which includes contemporary break-out areas, gaming zones, high tech meeting rooms, a huge atrium with tiered seating and our very own private bar.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and upkeep of all physical data centre premises
- Network troubleshooting
- Linux server installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Support of the Jagex Operational Systems (game servers, web servers, backend systems, etc.)
- Support of the Jagex Development Systems (code/asset repositories, build systems, Linux workstations, etc.)
- Database Administration
- BAU Administration (user management, Linux workstation and network support, etc.)
- A good understanding of Linux Operating Systems (with an aspiration to develop into excellence)
- A good understanding of Computer Networks (with an aspiration to develop into excellence)
- A basic understanding of Information Security
- A basic understanding of Database Administration
- A basic understanding of Storage Area Networks
- A good understanding of Computer Science, or Software Development Processes
- Excellent Communication and Team-working Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, organized and cool under pressure
- To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
- To maintain a concise log of all work done, and to aspire to own each piece of work through to completion.
- To only undertake to do work that is within your professional competence.
- To document, formalize and automate work processes, particularly where those processes differ from standard industry practice.
- To aspire at all times to industry best practice, except where deviation is absolutely necessary
- To version control configuration changes, configure appropriate backup schedules for business data assets, and automate monitoring routines so that system failures are immediately and clearly visible.